Just got an Interview invitation from Chicago Booth!!! I’m so happy!!!!
Today is the first day Chicago sends invitations, though they will continue sending for two weeks. As I applied very early, like a week before the deadline, and my application status changed to “Complete” the day after the deadline (some people’s applications have changed to “Complete” this week), I knew my application was very likely to have been reviewed already. So either I had an invite today or I was dinged.
I have almost a month to schedule my interview with an Alumni here in Hong Kong (I already logged in the system and saw his name, and of course searched his name in Linkedin, a Finance guy very successful). I need some time to prepare it.
By the way, will keep you posted about Wharton, which sends the first batch of invitation this Friday. About Harvard, no news, though until November 2nd they still send invitations (very few). To MIT Sloan I submitted three days ago, I believe the strongest application I’ve made, though Sloan is not my top choice. It was the last one, so I have been improving my stories and my writing style.
PS: My wife also got an invitation!! :). We are both excited about the possibility of attending Chicago, one of our very top choices.
Here the email:
Congratulations, we have evaluated your application and are extending an invitation for you to interview with us in the next phase of our admissions process.
Interview Logistics (Please read carefully):
1. Please schedule your interview immediately! All interviews must be by completed by November 30th, regardless of location or by whom the interview is conducted. 2. All final admissions decisions will be released by 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday, December 15th.
3. Interviews are available on-campus at the Harper Center or with Chicago Booth alumni around the world. If you have not already visited campus and would like to attend classes and meet with students, we strongly encourage that you schedule a visit along with your on-campus interview. http://www.chicagobooth.edu/fulltime/visit/
4. Interviews will be available on-campus on Saturday November13th and November 20th. Lunch with current students will be available for as well as building tours.
5. To schedule the interview, login to your online application, select “Interviews” in the menu bar on the left. You will have the option to select an on-campus interview or complete the alumni interview matching process. Please note that you are allowed only one successful alumni interview search. If you conduct a search that does not return an alumnus’ information, it means we do not have alumni available in that area. Either select another location or contact our office to see how we can assist you in setting up your interview.
6. Your interviewer will not have read your application prior to your interview. The only information he/she will have is the updated resume you submit at the time you schedule your interview.
7. Please note that your application status as “Invite to Interview” WILL NOT change even after the interview is completed. Your status will only change once a final decision has been made.
8. We invite you to share your feedback with us regarding your interview. Through your application account, you now have access to an optional and anonymous online survey which is aimed to assess the process for scheduling the interview and the interview itself. We value your opinion and look forward to learning from your experience.
9. All applicants are asked to bring a form of photo identification to the interview.
Should you have any questions regarding the admissions interview or are unable to schedule an interview online, please contact our interviewing team at: email@example.com.
Once again, congratulations on reaching this next step in the application process. We look forward to learning more about you during the coming weeks.
The University of Chicago Booth School of Business
Office of Admissions and Financial Aid
5807 South Woodlawn Avenue
Chicago, Illinois 60637
voice 773.702.7369 | Fax 773.702.9085